From the Team Leader
Welcome back! We are so excited to have our students filling our classrooms again. We have eight classes in year 3/4 and they are named after an Australian author’s book. The teaching team consists of:
- 3/4AV—Alex Van de Rhee (Fearless)
- S3/4KH—Katrina Harding (Mopokes)
- 3/4SN—Sammy Noble (Mopokes)
- 3/4CW—Craig White (Ninja Kids)
- 3/4EJ—Eddie Jenkins (Thylacines)
- S3/4AU—Anna Przybylski, Antonia McGuire & Murray Hodge-Neill (Little Dragons)
- 3/4GS—Georgia Stephens (Little Dragons)
- 3/4LL—Laura Langston (Murrawee)
The beginning weeks of term 1 have been spent getting to know each other and establishing classroom culture, structures and routines. We have also enjoyed spending time as a 3/4 cohort through P.E sessions and technology rotations. Camp at Birrigai in week 8 will be a highlight for the 3/4 team and we are looking forward to the adventure activities and further team building.
At Turner, we have a consistent focus on developing each child’s learning assets and dispositions to live and learn successfully in the 21st century. In 3/4 we begin the year focusing on being a self-manager. Focus on this asset at the beginning of the year supports the development of student agency and independence as a learner. With this focus, all students learn fostered by an inquiry mindset where curiosity, personal interests and wonder is valued.
Emily Gregory | 3/4 Team Leader