Each government school in the ACT is administered by a school board whose membership comprises the school principal, two elected staff members, three elected members of the parent body and a nominee of the Education Directorate. Elected members normally serve for a two year period.
The Board is the policy making body of the school. Its major functions are to:
- determine the educational policies to be implemented at the school
- assess, from time to time, the needs of the school in relation to the provision of buildings and facilities, equipment, funds and teachers and other staff, and make recommendations to the Director General of the Education Directorate with respect to the meeting of those needs
- determine the purposes for which funds made available for the School are to be expended
- make recommendations to the Director General in respect of the use of the buildings, facilities and equipment of the school for purposes other than school purposes
- develop relationships between the school and the community and between the school and community organisations
- make recommendations to the Director General on matters relating to the school.
Responsibility for the implementation of policies and guidelines established by the Board rests with the Principal and staff.
The Turner School Board generally meets the second Monday of the month. The parent representative members write a comprehensive report of Board discussions in the school newsletter.
Current Board members
Bob Edwards (Parent representative and Chair)
James Turvey (Parent representative and Deputy Chair)
Kirsty Westaway (Parent representative)
John Talbot (Community representative)
Jo Padgham (Principal)
Helen Middleton (Staff representative)
Allison Chapman (Staff representative)
2017 Board Elections
Voting opens 11am Monday 20 February 2017 and closes 11am Monday 27 February 2017. Appointments will be made by Monday 20 March 2017. Results will be published Monday 27 March 2017 and appointments will commence on Friday 1 April 2017
For further information, contact the Assistant Returning Officer, Linda Keith, on 61667795 or 0439613817
Turner School Board Chair
Annual School Board Report
School Review Report