Preschool team updates
From the Team Leader
Welcome back to preschool! We have had a lovely start to the term with so many able to join us for our Mother’s Day Celebration. Term 2 is a busy term for the preschool children with a visit from the Nutrition Magician and an excursion to the National Portrait Gallery.
Our inquiry focus this term is ‘Healthy bodies, healthy minds’ which will engage the children in exploring how their bodies work. Alongside this focus your child’s teacher has planned learning opportunities in across a variety of areas. These include social and emotional learning, fine and gross motor learning, literacy, numeracy, music and the arts.
The teachers also respond to student interests and learning needs as they arise. We are always keen for input from families about their child’s interest or family celebrations. Our classes have reflection journals in which they share what has being happening in the preschool. These can be a good talking point for you with your child as it reminds children what they have done during the day. If you have concerns regarding your child’s learning and engagement please don’t hesitate to talk to your child’s teacher .
This year our preschool teaching team consists:
- Liga Ailte and Meena (Munnagayi)
- Sandra Shepley and Trina Meredith (Gulamany)
- Sandy Home and Trina Meredith (Gudgauar)
Our preschool teachers plan for children’s learning using the Early Years Learning Framework. The Early Years Learning Framework describes childhood as a time of belonging, being and becoming.
- Belonging is the basis for living a fulfilling life. Children feel they belong because of the relationships they have with their family, community, culture and place
- Being is about living here and now. Childhood is a special time in life and children need time to just ‘be’—time to play, try new things and have fun
- Becoming is about the learning and development that young children experience. Children start to form their sense of identity from an early age, which shapes the type of adult they will become
If you have any questions about the preschool program or your child’s time at preschool please feel free to contact your child’s preschool teacher or myself,
Early Childhood Executive Teacher