Preschool team updates
From the Team Leader
Welcome to the Turner School community. Term one marks a big transition for the preschool children and their families. It includes making new friends, learning new routines and exploring a new environment. The preschool team are loving getting to know your children and looking forward to introducing them to new learning experiences over the year.
We have three preschool classes at Turner School. They are named in the Ngunnawal language; Gudgauar (meaning children), Munnagayi (meaning coming together) and Gulamany (meaning community). Together, this contains the essence of what we are striving to create at Turner Preschool, children coming together in our community and a vibrant, inclusive and inquiring community that works together to achieve great things.
This year our preschool teaching team consists of:
- Liga Ailte and Meena (Munnagayi)
- Sandy Home and Trina Meredith (Gudgauar and Gulamany)
Our preschool teachers plan for children’s learning using the Early Years Learning Framework. The Early Years Learning Framework describes childhood as a time of belonging, being and becoming.
- Belonging is the basis for living a fulfilling life. Children feel they belong because of the relationships they have with their family, community, culture and place.
- Being is about living here and now. Childhood is a special time in life and children need time to just ‘be’—time to play, try new things and have fun.
- Becoming is about the learning and development that young children experience. Children start to form their sense of identity from an early age, which shapes the type of adult they will become.
If you have any questions about the preschool program or your child’s time at preschool, please feel free to contact your child’s preschool teacher or myself.
Antonia McGuire | Early Childhood Executive Teacher